|"Jonathan Emmet Reid"|
|Surgeon, Blood specialist|
|Mary (Sister), Emelyne Reid (Mother), Aubrey Reid (Father)|
Jonathan Emmet Reid is the protagonist of Vampyr. The once high-ranking military surgeon and renowned blood specialist returns home to London after his First World War duty in France. London meanwhile is fighting a different war against the Spanish Flu epidemic, which holds the city in a deadly grip. On his travel home to his sister Mary and his mother, Jonathan is attacked and turned into a Vampire. Soon he finds himself caught in the dilemma of his new existence and his occupation as a physician.
- Jonathan must very closely study his victims because every death has its consequences, which will influence the life and story around him.
- Players will be able to finish the game without taking blood of civilians, although then they won't be able to level up their character as much or learn as much new abilities. The game also will get significantly harder to play.
Born in London, Jonathan, along with his sister Mary, were raised in the West End. All was well until their father disappeared, for unknown reasons, when Jonathan was starting his pursuit of becoming a doctor, leaving the rest of the family distraught for a time. Before enlisting to part-take in the Great War, Jonathan Reid was already a renowned doctor and a skilled surgeon. During the war, Reid continued on his pursuit of perfecting his work and research on blood transfusions, while still saving lives on the front lines in the process. Although he loves his family deeply, his career had created a void in the relationship when the need for strangers outshine the need of those closest to him.
- Owns a plant named Lisa
- Was taught how to shoot a pistol during his service in the war
Vampyr allows players to take control of Dr Reid and the path he walks. The choices made can affect the world that surrounds Jonathan permanently, therefore, take responsibility for his(and your) actions.
Jonathan gains vampire abilities during the early chapters that stay with him throughout the game permanently.
- As a vampire, Jonathan is beyond mortal limitations, and this power allows him to move faster, dodge easier, and jump farther in a blink of an eye. This should not be taken for granted, for such feats can tire the doctor quickly.
- Check Skill Tree for possible enhancements.
- One of the more predominate powers is the ability to Mesmerize citizens. This power grows stronger as the game progresses, allowing Jonathan take command of more citizens(victims) the higher his Mesmerizing level becomes; whether it is to lead them off to be killed, get invited into homes, or some cases, charm them.
- Allows Jonathan to focus on blood in its many forms. As a vampire, this allows him to find blood trails, determine the best course of action to deal with enemies, or spy on the many different denizens found throughout London. As a doctor, he can also see what sort of sickness a citizen may have gotten.
- Jonathan can heal sick citizens by give them medicine during talking with them.
- This will help to increase the district status and can earn some experience.
- There are 3 types of sickness each have 3 levels, so totally have 9 kinds of sickness.
- Each kind of sickness have one related medicine can used for heal.
- For detail please refer to Craftable Medical Treatments
To fight his enemies, Reid can use melee combat alongside ranged weapons and his supernatural vampire skills.
- One-headed Weapons
- Two-handed Weapons
To evolve his skills, Jonathan must gain experience through many different means and spend it in the Skill Tree when going to rest in a safe house. He may also use these spaces to craft items and upgrade weapons.
For details about each skill, please refer to Skills.
Experience within Vampyr can come from many sources, but the largest and easiest gain is from feeding off the citizens themselves! Alternative experience can come in the following methods:
- Killing enemies
- Healing the sick
- Finding collectibles
- Kill normal enemy + 5
- Cure citizen illness +25
- Unlock new hideout +45 / +20
- Find collectibles +25
One of the achievements for this game required you to complete it without losing any members of the communities, which makes leveling up egregiously slow and makes progression very difficult.
Throughout his mission, Jonathan will be confronted by many different enemies, both undead and living.
Vampire Hunters(Guard of Priwen)
- Mary - Sister (deceased)
- Emelyne Reid - Mother
- Aubrey Reid - Father (deceased)
- Avery Cork - Family butler/caretaker
- Myrddin Wyltt - Maker
- Aloysius Dawson - Progeny (determinant)
- Edgar Swansea - Progeny (determinant)
- Geoffrey McCullum - Progeny (determinant)
Elizabeth Ashbury ( lover)
- Steam Trading Card: "Jonathan Emmet Reid - Renowned surgeon and blood transfusion specialist. Doctor Jonathan Emmet Reid is admired by his peers and family. However, ever since he came back from the Great War, the good doctor has undergone a drastic change..."
- vg247.com - About Vampyr
- vg247.com More about Vampyr